Monday, August 25, 2008

Can't go over it, can't go under it...

If anyone remembers that song as a kid, We're going on a lion hunt, will probably remember the lines that go something like, "Can't go over it. Can't go under it. Can't go around it. Blah blah blah..."

After two weeks of forcing myself to be a stump and doing my best to not use my right foot, I finally got my ass to doing a 45 minute ride on the elliptical at work...and with actual success! No pain or discomfort in the right foot of any kind. My leg muscles were actually HAPPY for once!

About 4 weeks of doing that and I should be able to re-boost my cardio base again before I set shoe rubber to the road. Speaking of which, I've bought five pairs (yeah, five) of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7's for super-cheap and they feel great (as good as the Asics, but with a roomier toebox and better control from what I can feel.) Hopefully they'll work for me for the rest of the training time with Cascade Crest 2009 as the main goal.

And in regards to Cascade Crest, a thumbs up to all who decided to take that adventure on again for its 10 year and a double thumbs up for those that finished.

No comments: