Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mild Reset

Due to getting my ass kicked from the flu for over a week, I have to modify things a bit. Sucks too, since I was doing so well.

The first two weeks of Strength-Endurance training was going pretty well before the flu hit hard. I got up to doing 30 second rests in my 75 lbs sandbag clean & presses and my 150 lbs sandbag back squats. The clean & presses really messed with my CNS though and it took a few days for the feeling to pass with each workout. The back squats rocked and the combo of both workouts really reflected well in my runs, my speed picked up and so did my stamina during my long runs by a few minutes.

So what's up now? Well, I have to get back into the swing of things right. This means I need to do a benchmark test and see how much I can lift and then use that as my metric to continue the rest of time during this strength-endurance phase while still completing the Seattle Ghost Marathon next weekend.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Sucks to hear about the flu. Hope you get back into the swing of things quick.

Jon said...

Thanks! So far, strength seems to be holding up (did 5 reps @ bodyweight last night with the barbell at home instead of sandbags). But aerobic capacity...we'll see how my lungs do for the rest of the week.